Wylie Community Christian Care Center
Celebrating Over 40 years of Service
The Center Meets Short Term Emergency Needs of Local Families.
We pay certain bills, and provide food and clothing.
1974- First Baptist Church Wylie buys a nearby house which was used to start a food pantry.
1982- Dr. Al Draper, the First Baptist Church, and several other local churches, formed the Ministerial Alliance to pool resources for a central Christian Care Center.
1998- Supported by gifts and donations, a dedicated building was built on South Ballard Ave.
2011- A second building was constructed at the South Ballard location to better process and manage food donations.
2014- Having outgrown the Ballard Avenue facility a single larger facilty was built at a new location on West Brown Street.
Due to a significant increase in demand, we built a new 12,000 sq. ft. facility at 1310 West Brown. Opened in October 2014, this facility is dedicated to processing donated food and clothing to serve the needs of the community.
The Care Center is staffed entirely by volunteers.